The Mortgage Bankers Association of Alabama, Inc. includes more than 85 member companies from throughout the state of Alabama and the southeast.
The Mortgage Bankers Association of Alabama, Inc. (MBAA) is your source for education and networking in the mortgage industry. The MBAA is the only organization dedicated solely to meeting the professional needs and interest of mortgage lenders and allied professionals in real estate finance. The MBAA plays a major instrumental role in growing the Mortgage Banking industry. Mortgage Banking Firms, Commercial Banks, Savings and Loan Associations and Mortgage Brokerage Firms may become involved by becoming members of the MBAA.
- Membership Directory
- Discounted registration rates for the annual MBAA Conference
- Discounted rates for numerous education and information seminars throughout the year.
- Certified Loan Officer and Alabama Certified Mortgage Banker Credits
- Access to CampusMBA, the MBA’s online education center
Purpose of the MBAA
- Encouraging among its members sound and ethical business practices
- Informing its members of changes in laws and regulations affecting the mortgage banking business
- Sponsoring discussion of problems of mutual interest and educating those engaged in or affected by the mortgage banking industry
- Regular: Mortgage Banking Firms, Commercial Banks, Savings and Loan Associations and Mortgage Brokerage Firms.
- Associate: life Insurance Companies, Credit Bureaus, Investment Banking Firms, Private Mortgage Insurance Companies, Title Insurance Companies, Law firms, Accounting Firms, Appraisal Firms, Engineering Firms, Architectural Firms, and Consultants.
- Affiliate: For companies without an office or a representative living within the State of Alabama
Becoming a Member
Your membership is valuable. This is your choice to commit to operate at the highest standards of performance and an important indication to your customers that you are a professional in real estate finance.
For an investment of $250.00 – $550.00 per year, depending on the type of membership (Regular, Affiliate or Individual) and company production, you can become a member of the MBAA. You may request a membership application for the MBAA office in Montgomery, Alabama or print the membership application posted on this website. Submit the completed application along with two letters of recommendation from one regular member and one other member to the MBAA office in Montgomery, Alabama. Your organization does not have to belong in a local chapter to be eligible for membership in the MBAA.
Once we receive your application, we will process it at the next scheduled board meeting and if approved by the board of directors, your application will be submitted to the membership for a vote. Upon approval of the membership, you will be notified and receive your membership packet, which will include the latest membership directory and any current information on scheduled meetings and educational events.
Membership Dues Structure
Regular Members: Category 1
Mortgage Banking Firms, Commercial Banks, Savings and Loan Associations and Mortgage Brokerage Firms shall pay base dues of * $550.00, additionally, companies that do more than $50 million on Alabama Servicing or Origination Volume (whichever is greater) add $1.00 per million. $1,500 Maximum – (The total payment is not to exceed $1,500.00, including base dues.)
Affiliate Members: Category 2
Life Insurance Companies, Credit Bureaus, Investment Banking Firms, Private Mortgage Insurance Companies, Title Insurance Companies, Law Firms, Accounting Firms, Appraisal Firms, Engineering Firms, Architectural Firms and Consultants shall pay annual dues of * $400.00.
Application is subject to approval by the Executive officers and a vote of the General Membership. Application must be submitted with two (2) letters of recommendation, one (1) from a regular member and one (1) from another member.