Mortgage Banking – Internship
Position: Mortgage Coordinator
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Term Commitment: 7 Weeks
Student Profile: Junior or senior students pursuing a degree in Finance. MBA students are also encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please email singed application, resume and unofficial transcripts to MBAAInternship@gmail.com
Description & Overview:
This internship is an entry level role allowing students to gain experience and knowledge in the mortgage banking industry. A part of this internship is the successful completion of a six-lesson education and certification program, Mortgage Banking Bound, by the National Mortgage Bankers Association. The position provides an opportunity to work directly with mortgage bankers, mortgage vendors and management. The focus and responsibilities could span from assisting with keying loan entries to analyzing automated underwrite findings. The intern could participate in all stages of a loan workflow ranging from origination to loan sale in the secondary market to mortgage servicing.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in keying in loan entry and credit pulls
- Creating customer shared drives
- Requesting some third party documents (appraisal, title, hazard insurance, flood, etc.) and working closely with processors to obtains items
- Assisting loan originators with marketing ideas and ways to expand business
- Perform business development functions as needed
- Creating materials and correspondence as needed (excel, outlook, word, power point)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3.0 GPA or better
- An interest in pursuing a career in banking, mortgage banking or any of the departments within mortgage banking including post closing, secondary marketing, processing, origination, etc.
- Ability to learn loan operation systems and other necessary applications quickly
- Ability to communicate professionally with fellow employees
- Excellent organizational, writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Microsoft Office Efficiency
- Motivated and driven personality
- The internship is paid and will vary depending on the sponsoring mortgage bank and the candidate
- The internship will last 7 weeks which includes a full week off for July 4th (Monday, July 4th- Friday, July 8th)
- Working hours could range from 25-40 Hours/week
- Must complete all 6 Instructor-Led Mortgage Banking Bound courses. If successfully completed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion issued by the National Mortgage Banker’s Association
- The intern is expected to have sufficient transportation to/from the office and instructor led courses that may be off-site
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; Reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.